Skip to content →

Information for Family and Friends

How can I receive services from Integra?

People are referred to our services by Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) and meet CLBC’s criteria for eligibility:

Developmental Disability

An adult has: ƒ

- significantly impaired intellectual functioning;

- significantly impaired adaptive functioning;

-  these limitations must have started before age 18

For youth who are already accessing Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) supports, your first step is to contact your MCFD worker for assistance with transition.

You can read more about CLBC's Criteria for Eligibility here
For adults, the first step is for you or your family member to contact a CLBC facilitator who can tell you about: ƒ

  1.  the required documents, and;
  2.  the approved professionals who may complete the needed documents, assessments and make diagnoses

Personalized Supports Initiative

An adult who does not have a developmental disability but has:

- significant limitation in adaptive functioning;

- and either ƒa diagnosis of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), or;

- a diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD is officially referred to Pervasive Developmental Disorder)

To receive services from Integra you first need to is start the application process by calling CLBC:

Victoria: 250-952-4203

Central Upper Island: 250-390-7200

Toll Free: 1-855-390-7200

Once you have been approved for a certain level and type of CLBC-funded services, CLBC will ask you to consider three possible service providers.  Individual Preference is a way for you to have a say about which person or agency provides that service.  You can let your facilitator know that Integra is a service provider you would like to consider. CLBC policy requires them to refer two additional service providers for you to also consider.

Where can families and loved ones find support?

At Integra we are committed to supporting families and support networks and encourage you to reach out with any questions you have. You can also access confidential guidance, resources, referrals, and advocacy for your family member from the organizations below:

Family Caregivers of British Columbia

If you are providing eldercare to a parent, caregiving for your spouse or partner, or providing care to another adult family member or friend, you are a family caregiver. The person you are caring for can be elderly, in poor health or disabled and be living in his or her own home, with you or in a care facility.  Click above to access information about how to access one-to-one support, information and referral to community resources, help in navigating the healthcare system, and family caregiver support groups in Victoria and other parts of British Columbia.

The Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD)

MCFD  funds a range of programs and services for children and youth with special needs and their families. Click above to visit the "Children and Youth with Special Needs" section of the MCFD website for more information.

Community Living British Columbia (CLBC)

Community Living BC (CLBC) is the provincial authority that is responsible for delivering support and services to adults with developmental disabilities in British Columbia. If you wish to obtain services and supports funded by the government, you will need to contact the CLBC office nearest to you. If the community living association in your area has a family support worker or advocate, they may be able to help you contact the nearest office and determine what services would be available to you.

The Family Support Institute (FSI)

"The purpose of the Family Support Institute is to strengthen and support families faced with the extraordinary circumstances that come with having a family member who has a disability. We believe that families are the best resource available to support one another. Directed by families, the Family Support Institute provides information, training, and province-wide networking to assist families and their communities to build upon and share their strengths."

Translate »