Salary: $18.15 /hour
Integra Support Services is a dynamic and expanding social service agency on Vancouver Island. We offer a broad range of services, supports and opportunities to adults and children who live with diverse abilities and intellectual challenges. Our focus is person specific and centered. As a Community Support Worker you will follow the direction of the Program Coordinator, function as part of a team to provide for the daily living needs of individuals in the community, and contribute to all operational aspects of the program as defined in the Job Description.
Position Type: Various regular and casual positions available
Community and Residential Support Workers support adults with diverse abilities in their home and community by:
- Providing a homelike, comfortable, and relationship centered living environment.
- Establishing a warm personal relationship with each individual.
- Encouraging the participation of family members and friends.
- Creating opportunities beyond service delivery to involve individuals in their community.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish relationships with each resident based on our guiding philosophy- The Essence of Life
- Provide personal care for each resident in a safe, respectful, effective and responsible manner
- Contribute to the creation of a warm, welcoming and comforting home
- Recognize the individual differences, values and beliefs that create a home’s unique culture.
- Complete meal preparation, laundry and other household duties as part of a team
- Participate in the upkeep, cleanliness and overall maintenance of the home
- Support each person in activities as necessary
- Maintain good relationships with families, friends and advocates
- High School Diploma
- Current First Aid
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence (or a willingness to obtain)
- Criminal Record Check
- Experience in human services related field
- Demonstrated teamwork ability
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skill compentency
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written)
- Successful candidates will be efficient, thorough, and passionate about delivering quality care and will possess the physical, mental, and emotional strength necessary to do so.
- Employer paid Medical Service Premiums (MSP)
- Employer paid dental, vision, health benefits
How to Apply:We would love to hear from you! To apply please submit resumes and references to this posting. Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.