Title: Community Support Worker
Position Type: Casual
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 3:00pm
Location: Langford, BC
Closing Date: Friday, June 29, 2018 4:00pm
Integra Support Services is a dynamic and expanding social service agency on Vancouver Island. We offer a broad range of services, supports and opportunities to adults and children who live with diverse abilities and intellectual challenges. Our focus is person specific and centered. As a Community Support Worker you will follow the direction of the Program Coordinator, and function as part of a team to provide for the daily living needs of individuals in the community, and contribute to all operational aspects of the program as defined in the Job Description.
- Grade 12
- Current First Aid Certification
- Medical certificate confirming physical, mental, and emotional suitability necessary for position
- TB Test
- Criminal Records Review Program Clearance
- A valid BC Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Graduation from a recognized related program such as the Community Support Worker Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Understanding and willingness to commit to Essence of Life, Personal Value Statements, Guiding Principles, Living Culture of the Home and Moral Leadership
- Commitment to accompany residents on day excursions and annual vacations
- Ability to communicate with co-assistants effectively
- Ability to work with individuals specific to this position
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position & shift responsibilities
- Ability to mentor
- Ability to follow protocols, policies and procedures
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
How to Apply:We would love to hear from you! To apply please submit resumes and references to this posting. Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Integra Support Services.