Salary: $18.15 /hour
At Integra Support Services (ISS), it’s all about the people. We believe that people of diverse abilities are entitled to live a good and fulfilling life in their own homes and communities. Our agency was established in 2000 and was founded on a guiding principle called The Essence of Life. If you are prepared to do what it takes to be a role model for young people as a support worker, we would like to hear from you!
Youth support workers assist individuals with diversabilities in their home and community by:
- Providing a homelike, comfortable, and relationship centered living environment.
- Establishing a warm personal relationship with each individual.
- Encouraging the participation of family members and friends.
- Creating opportunities beyond service delivery to involve individuals in their community.
- Promoting positive behavioral intervention techniques
- 24 Hour Live-in
- Casual positions
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish relationships with each resident based on our guiding philosophy- The Essence of Life
- Provide personal care for each resident in a safe, respectful, effective and responsible manner
- Contribute to the creation of a warm, welcoming and comforting home
- Recognize the individual differences, values and beliefs that create a home’s unique culture.
- Complete meal preparation, laundry and other household duties as part of a team
- Participate in the upkeep, cleanliness and overall maintenance of the home
- Support each person in activities as necessary
- Maintain good relationships with families, friends and advocates
- High School Diploma
- Current First Aid
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence (or willingness to obtain)
- Criminal Record Check
- Experience in human services related field (preferred)
- Demonstrated teamwork ability
Skills and Abilities
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written)
- Successful candidates will be efficient, thorough, and passionate about delivering quality care and will possess the physical, mental, and emotional strength necessary to do so.