Section D Resources
Reading for Contractors
The following documents are attachments to your handbook. Please be sure to review them carefully as they outline the expectations set out in your agreement.
- My Rights and Responsibilities – Integra’s Statement on Adult Rights
- Employment Standards Fact Sheet on Independent Contractors
- Integra Health and Safety Checklist for Home Sharing
- Community Living B.C. Behaviour Support & Safety Planning - A Guide for Service Providers
- 10 Things You Can Do to Support a Person With Difficult Behaviours - David Pitonyak
- Providing Support to Persons who are Functionally Dependent and Emotionally Fragile - Nathan Ory, M.A.
- Community Living B.C. Critical Incidents: Service Provider Requirements
- Community Living B.C. Standards For Home Sharing (Adults)
- Taking Care! A Guide for Caregivers on How to Improve Their Self-Care
- Home Share Missing Persons Profile - Please request this from your coordinator. A completed Missing Person Profile will be printed for you.
- Home Share Intake Form - Please request this from your coordinator. A completed Intake will be printed for you.
- WorkSafe BC Booklet: “We’ve got you covered - Personal Optional Protection Insurance”
- How to complete the new CIR form
- Incidents of Aggression Decision Point Chart
- Supporting Women - Information for caregivers supporting women with developmental disabilities to manage their menstruation
- Intellectual and Adaptive Functioning in Adults with Developmental Disabilities
- Island Health BoosterBuddy Mobile App for iPhone and Android