How do I apply to become a Home Share Provider?
Integra welcomes your interest in becoming a contracted Home Share Provider. We are seeking suitable mature individuals, couples or families to provide a safe, nurturing, community-based home share arrangement for adults with developmental disabilities.
Home Share Providers are expected to provide high quality care and support in areas such as personal hygiene, appearance, health care, nutrition, social and recreational activities as well as have the following skills:
- Good written, verbal reporting communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team and in one-to-one situations
- Demonstrated organizational, time management skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to remain calm and objective when working with individuals with challenging behaviours
- Ability to meet the physical, mental, and interpersonal demands of the job in a professional manner
- Ability to be a role model for the person served
To become a Home Share Provider, Integra requires:
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Clear criminal record check through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General
- Completed Application form
- Doctor’s certification
- Name and contact information for three references (employment and character)
- Experience and/or training in a relevant field
- A valid Driver’s License and current Driver’s Abstract
- Valid home and vehicle insurance
It takes a time to complete the application process and to ensure that we find the right fit for our prospective home share providers and the people we support.
The matching process is a key element of the process to ensure a positive relationship for the home share provider, the people we support and their personal networks.
If you are interested in learning more about the process of becoming a Home Share Provider, please send us an email using the contact form below and a Home Share Coordinator will contact you for a brief phone interview to ensure eligibility, answer any questions you may have and send you an application including other required forms.