Salary: $24.00 to $26.00 /hour
Integra Support Services is a dynamic and expanding social service agency on Vancouver Island. We offer a broad range of services, supports and opportunities to adults and youth who live with diverse abilities and intellectual challenges. Our focus is person specific and centered. With over 250 employees on Vancouver Island, this is an opportunity to join a growing agency that embraces diversity, health and career growth. We are committed to upholding the values of diversity, equality and inclusion by creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our stakeholders. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace where we celebrate our community together.
We are seeking leadership professionals to join our agency. Our Leadership team oversees multiple program areas ranging from community based services to residential care. We have a full time position available. Our Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the daily coordination of services by providing supervision, leadership and direction to the assigned site and a number of employees, as well as evaluating program standards. Our leaders guide teams to support individuals to live successfully in their homes and participate within their community. This position is responsible for ensuring that the individuals’ physical, emotional, social, vocational and health needs are met. In addition, our leaders partake in regional committees and local community initiatives, such as Community Living Month events; One Day Together Festival and I Walk for Diversity, and collaborate with other agencies and stakeholders to co-host regional training sessions, and annual open houses and BBQs. This is an opportunity to develop your leadership social service skills and build community capacity.
· Post-Secondary school certificate, diploma or degree in Human Services, or demonstrated equivalent experience in a related field in a management or supervisory role.
· Current First Aid Certification
· Medical certificate confirming physical, mental, and emotional suitability necessary for position
· TB Test
· BC Criminal Records Review Program Clearance
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
· Use of personal vehicle required (business insurance with $3 million liability coverage)
· Proficient in MS office products, including Word, Excel and Outlook
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and decision making skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong conflict resolution skills
· Skilled and familiar with Positive Intervention Strategies and redirection techniques, NVCI or SIVA
· Excellent stress management and interpersonal communication skills
· Commitment to the Agency’s Essence of Life philosophy
· Proven ability to set priorities, manage multiple responsibilities, meet timelines and work independently
· Ability to build and maintain a strong team of individuals from diverse backgrounds
· Ability to manage high behavioral environments with potential outbursts of those we support whilst working under pressure
· Ability to lead a team through difficult situations and maintain team spirit
· Ability to build strong connections with families and employees
· Ability to interact effectively and with individuals living with diverse abilities
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to participate in a rotating on-call schedule
We seek members from all walks of life who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity to apply. Multilingual skills and multicultural competence are assets.
Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. An eligibility list may be created. Thank you for your interest in Integra Support Services.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $24.00 to $26.00 /hour
How to Apply:We would love to hear from you! To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to this posting. Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Integra Support Services.
Integra is committed to upholding the values of diversity, equality and inclusion. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our stakeholders. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace. We seek members from all walks of life who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity to apply. Multilingual skills and multicultural competence are assets.