Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Salary range: $60,000 to $65,000 with comprehensive Management Benefit and Pension Package
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Integra Support Services is a dynamic and expanding social service agency on Vancouver Island. We offer a broad range of services, supports and opportunities to adults and youth who live with diverse abilities and intellectual challenges. Our focus is person specific and centered. With over 250 employees on Vancouver Island, this is an opportunity to join a growing agency that embraces diversity, health and career growth.
Integra is committed to providing a system where continuous quality improvement is evidenced throughout our daily interactions. Our work product and commitment to community ambassadorship is fostered through business and service delivery objectives and systems where the Vision, Mission and Purpose of the agency remain paramount to the work we do. Daily work product assists in collecting and analyzing data for the purpose of person centered planning, strategic planning, financial management, human resources development, health and safety planning, and other areas to evaluate performance, reward successes and identify issues requiring improvement. The Quality Assurance & Innovation Manager will be the key and lead personnel to maintaining this system for the organization.
The Quality Assurance & Innovation Manager is responsible for maintaining the continuous quality improvement cycle and managing the process related to the person served information management system. The Manager will be the key liaison for CARF (International Accrediting body) and Sharevision (person served information system). The Manager will support the Executive Director in the completion of all plans and reports, and will collect the necessary data for the completion of the annual Business Plan, Performance Analysis and Outcomes Report, and Quality Improvement Plans.
The successful candidate will oversee Integra’s quality improvement cycle by guiding, directing and supporting Leadership Team members, their programs and agency employees with CARF conformance and other regulatory body requirements including, but not limited to, policy from Community Living BC, Ministry of Children and Family Development and Island Health.
- Review CARF standards each year and develop a system of conformance on applicable changes and new standards
- Ensure annual reports are completed and any required communication with CARF occurs as per required timelines
- Ensure the agency is ready for the CARF survey and all necessary reports and documentation are in place to a maintain a successful 3-year accreditation
- Be the agency’s primary administrator for Sharevision and support Leadership and their teams on troubleshooting and support items
- Support the programs on Sharevision requirements, such as data entry on persons served (i.e. Person Centered Planning, Risk Assessments, Care Plans/Protocols)
- Review and audit all programs on-site and on Sharevision quarterly, and provide feedback on recommendations for areas of improvement
- Develop and maintain modules on competency-based training requirements for the agency
- Review, prepare and update communication materials both internal and external to the agency ( i.e. brochures, handbooks, newsletters, social media, website)
- Provide ongoing support to the Executive Director on other quality related assurance systems
Skills & Qualifications:
- Recognized related post-secondary designation (BA, BSW, BCom, BCYC), or other formal training in quality assurance theory, management and practice, combined with several years of quality assurance experience; a combination of education and experience may be considered
- Sound computer skills, the ability to maintain information management systems, and a working knowledge of existing PC and MAC computer software (knowledge of WordPress an asset)
- A commitment to maintain a high standard of skills and knowledge through structured professional development courses
- The ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision, and to meet time commitments on a consistent basis
- Ability to direct team members by fostering a supportive environment that encourages learning and advancement
- Excellent administrative and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong public speaking, facilitation and training skills
- Ability to communicate ideas and beliefs with clarity and conviction
- Ability to adapt writing style to a variety of purposes and audiences
- Ability to adapt existing processes and deliverables when necessary to meet project needs, and improve efficiency and quality
- Must be extremely well organized and capable of handling multiple projects, priorities and deadlines effectively
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Record Clearance upon commencement of employment and every five (5) years thereafter, providing clearance to work with vulnerable persons
- Travel to various programs throughout South and Central Vancouver Island may be required
Integra is committed to upholding the values of diversity, equality and inclusion. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our stakeholders. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace. We seek members from all walks of life who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity to apply.
Integra Support Services thanks all applicants for your interest in this opportunity. This position will be open until a suitable candidate is found. Please note that only shortlisted candidates, who have clearly articulated having met the essential qualifications, skills, and abilities in their application package will be contacted.