Salary: $18.47 /hour
Position Type: Part Time Temporary (36 hours per week)
Hours: Sunday 5:00pm – 12:00am, Monday 5:00pm – 12:00am, Tuesday 5:00pm – 12:00am, Wednesday 5:00pm – 12:00am and Saturday 8:00am – 4:00pm
Location: Saanich, BC
Wages: $18.47 per hour
End Date: August 2018 or upon return of incumbent
Position Description:Integra Support Services is a dynamic and expanding social service agency on Vancouver Island. We offer a broad range of services, supports and opportunities to adults and children who live with diverse abilities and intellectual challenges. Our focus is person specific and centered. Integra is committed to upholding the values of diversity, equality and inclusion. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our stakeholders. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace. We seek members from all walks of life who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity to apply. Multilingual skills and multicultural competence are assets.
As a Living Assistant, you will follow the direction of the Program Coordinator, function as part of a team to provide for the daily living needs of individuals in the community and contribute to all operational aspects of the program as defined in the Job Description.
Eligible for health and sick benefits.
- Grade 12
- First Aid Certification
- Medical certificate confirming physical, mental and emotional suitability necessary for position
- TB Test
- BC Criminal Records Review Program Clearance
- Graduation from a recognized related program such as the Community Support Worker Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid Class 4 Driver’s Licence (Or willingness to obtain within 3 months of position start date)
- Understanding of & Willingness to commit to Essence of Life, Personal Value Statements, Guiding Principles, Living Culture of the Home and Moral Leadership
- Commitment to accompany individual on day excursions into the community
- Familiarity with site specific care plans and shift routines is an asset
- Experience with lifts and transfers is an asset
- Ability to work with individuals specific to this position
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position & shift responsibilities
- Ability to mentor
- Ability to follow protocols, policies and procedures
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to stay calm and focused in stressful situations
How to Apply:We would love to hear from you! To apply please submit resumes and references to this posting. Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Integra Support Services