Salary: $18.84 /hour
Integra Support Services is a dynamic and expanding social service agency on Vancouver Island. We offer a broad range of services, supports and opportunities to adults and children who live with diverse abilities and intellectual challenges. Our focus is person specific and centered. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our stakeholders. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace. We seek members from all walks of life who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity to apply. Multilingual skills and multicultural competence are assets.
As a Living Assistant, you will follow the direction of the Program Coordinator, function as part of a team to provide for the daily living needs of individuals in the community and contribute to all operational aspects of the program as defined in the Job Description.
Female applicant is preferred.
This position is for a casual worker that would need to be available Monday to Friday, between the hours of 7:30am and 5:30pm
Shifts can be worked in blocks of up to 8 hours each. No evenings or weekends.
· Grade 12
· First Aid Certification
· Medical certificate confirming physical, mental and emotional suitability necessary for position
· TB Test
· BC Criminal Records Review Program Clearance
· Graduation from a recognized related program such as the Community Support Worker Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Experience with lifts, transfers, G Tube and personal care required.
· Understanding of & Willingness to commit to Essence of Life, Personal Value Statements, Guiding Principles, Living Culture of the Home and Moral Leadership
· Commitment to accompany individual on day excursions into the community
· Familiarity with site specific care plans and shift routines is an asset
· Energetic, outgoing person.
· Ability to work with individuals specific to this position
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position & shift responsibilities
· Ability to mentor
· Ability to follow protocols, policies and procedures
· Ability to organize work
· Ability to operate related equipment
· Ability to stay calm and focused in stressful situations