Salary: $19.26 /hour
Are you looking for an exciting career in Social Services? Our organization offers full benefits upon meeting eligibility requirements, great training opportunities for growth and a fun, positive environment for both staff and residents!
Integra Support Services is a dynamic and expanding social service agency on Vancouver Island. We offer a broad range of services, supports and opportunities to adults and children who live with diverse abilities and intellectual challenges. Our focus and approach is person specific and person centered.
As a Residential Support Worker, you will follow the direction of the Program Coordinator, function as part of a team to provide for the daily living needs of individuals in the community and contribute to all operational aspects of the program as defined in the Job Description.
Job duties include supporting our resident in a therapeutic environment and out in the community in a variety of social, recreational, educational, volunteer, and employment activities. This will include: assisting in the development of skills, personal support, lifestyle planning, making choices and improving overall quality of life, primarily in one-on-one situations, joining our extended community within other staffed resources. Each resident has a program made for their abilities and area of skill obtainment and you will have the opportunity to assist and create a unique program.
- Grade 12 required; minimum of a diploma or certificate in a field related to human services, or experience in a related field preferred
- First Aid Certification (can be obtained upon hire)
- Medical certificate confirming physical, mental and emotional suitability necessary for position
- TB Test (can be obtained upon hire)
- BC Criminal Records Check Clearance
- Community Support Worker certificate or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and reliable vehicle
- NVCI or SIVA training an asset
The right applicant shall possess:
- Knowledge and experience working with developmental, physical disabilities, mental health and behaviours
- Ability to create a meaningful routine
- Knowledgeable of creating independence vs. creating dependence
- Following health care plans
- Completing daily documentation
- Implementing personal protocols, schedules, and activities
- Accompanying/transporting individuals to appointments and activities in the community
- Knowledge and experience with community integration and teaching life skills
- Ability to work with individuals specific to this position
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position & shift responsibilities
- Ability to follow protocols, policies and procedures
- Ability to stay calm and focused in stressful situation
- Ability to promote positive behavioural intervention strategies
- Ability to recognize a potential crisis/emergency situation, analyze the situation accurately, and develop strategies to deal with the situation
- Ability to follow the Risk Assessments and apply all Safety Plans/ Behaviour Support Strategies.
How to Apply:We would love to hear from you! To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to this posting. Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Integra Support Services.
Integra is committed to upholding the values of diversity, equality and inclusion. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our stakeholders. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace. We seek members from all walks of life who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity to apply. Multilingual skills and multicultural competence are assets.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.26 /hour