Salary: $19.26 /hour
Integra Support Services is a dynamic and expanding social service agency on Vancouver Island. We offer a broad range of services, supports and opportunities to adults and children who live with diverse abilities and intellectual challenges. Our focus and approach is person specific and person centered.
As a Residential Support Worker, you will follow the direction of the Program Coordinator, function as part of a team to provide for the daily living needs of individuals in the community and contribute to all operational aspects of the program as defined in the Job Description.
Salary: $19.26 /hour
- Grade 12 required; minimum of a diploma or certificate in a field related to human services, or experience in a related field preferred
- First Aid Certification
- Medical certificate confirming physical, mental and emotional suitability necessary for position
- TB Test
- BC Criminal Records Review Program Clearance
- Valid Class 4 Driver’s Licence
- NVCI or SIVA training an asset
- Understanding of & Willingness to commit to Essence of Life, Personal Value Statements, Guiding Principles, Living Culture of the Home and Moral Leadership
- Commitment to accompany individual on day excursions into the community
- Familiarity with site specific care plans and shift routines is an asset
- Ability to work with individuals specific to this position
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position & shift responsibilities
- Ability to follow protocols, policies and procedures
- Ability to stay calm and focused in stressful situation
- Ability to promote positive behavioural intervention strategies
- Ability to recognize a potential crisis/emergency situation, analyze the situation accurately, and develop strategies to deal with the situation
- Ability to follow the Risk Assessments and apply all Safety Plans/ Behaviour Support Strategies.
How to Apply:We would love to hear from you! To apply please submit resumes and references to this posting. Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Integra Support Services
Integra is committed to upholding the values of diversity, equality and inclusion. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our stakeholders. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity to apply. Multilingual skills and multicultural competence are assets.