New province-wide restrictions starting December 20
To help keep B.C. safe, the PHO has introduced province-wide restrictions. They will be in effect December 20, 2021 to January 31, 2022.
New Year’s Eve parties
New Year’s Eve parties are not allowed. Events held on December 31 must be seated events. Standing, mingling or dancing is not permitted.
Getting together indoors
Indoor personal gatherings are limited to your household plus 10 visitors or 1 other household. Everyone 12 + must be fully vaccinated.
Organized events require proof of being fully vaccinated to attend. Everyone must wear a mask.
Going to a restaurant or pub
Customers must remain seated and cannot move between or visit other tables at restaurants and pubs.
Masks are required when not seated at a table.
All sports tournaments and related travel are not allowed.
Large events with capacity for 1,000 or more people can only use 50% seated capacity.
Restrictions that have not changed
Restrictions, guidance and requirements stay the same for:
In addition to the orders, the PHO strongly recommends:
- Keep gatherings small and only with those you know are fully vaccinated
- Outdoor gatherings are safer than indoor
- Reduce social interactions
- Ensure proper ventilation indoors by opening windows
- Avoid all travel, if you’re not fully vaccinated
- Follow the current federal travel advisory
- Stay home if you feel sick